STOP.CHILD.ABUSE.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where Do I go for Help?!?!

Q: One of my friends is in a serious crisis dealing with Child Abuse. How do I comfort her?

A: You have to know that it is not her fault for her parents doing it to her.

Q: Where can she go for help? She needs to know that she is being comforted, but not to feel uncomfortable.

A: I've been in couseling for awhile now, but honestly that doesn't really help me much. She needs to find a friend she can trust and who actually gives more help than something like "it's going to be okay."

Q: What is a good way to get over it?

A: She's never going to be able to fully get over it. Ever. But she can eventually look past it. I'm not really sure about this question. Because I'm not close to being over it yet, she just has to make herself be happy. And the most important thing, she HAS to know it's not her fault.

I think this is a great start, just know you can always pray about a certain situation and it will get better.


Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment